What information does The Brezze gifts collect?
We collect personal information and anonymous information. More specifically, we gather the following categories of information:
• Registration information you provide when you create a Brezze gifts account for express checkout of gifts. It includes your email address, billing information, contact information, and company information.
• Transaction information you provide when you check out gifts. Contact details of the recipient of gifts you ordered are also included.
• Information you provide when you send a message or contact us through our live chat.
• Contact information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter and other information relevant to customer offers and/or surveys.
• Information about your use of our services, which includes but not limited to your browsing information (such as your IP address and browser type) and data about your computer (such as your operating system and software installed on your computer).
How does The Brezze gifts collect information?
We gather information you submit when you create an account, check out gifts, participate in promos and surveys, and contact our team for enquiries and other concerns.
We also collect information courtesy of technology like cookies. Cookies here are not the yummy baked goodies. These are small files that are kept on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies allow web applications to analyse web traffic and identify websites you use. It will enable The Brezze gifts to recognise you everytime you visit our website and respond to you as an individual. Through cookies, we can keep track of your preferences, the personalisation you have done, and tailor your experience with us based on your needs, without requiring you to type a password each time. In short, cookies help us deliver a user-friendly website to you. You can accept or decline cookies by adjusting your browser settings. However, please note that choosing to decline cookies may hinder you from taking full advantage of our website.
Linked Social Media Accounts
If you choose to link or sign in to your social media accounts with us, we collect the following types of Personal Information from your social networking sites, depending on the terms of the social media site. If you use your social media account, we are not required to request further permission to collect information accessible through that account.
• Personal identifiers, such as your name, birthday, email address, or location.
• Audio, visual, or similar information, such as your profile picture.
• Characteristics of a protected class, such as your gender or relationship status if you have this information on your public profile.
• Social media information, such as your profile URL, user ID, list of friends, information related to friends and followers, likes, interests, posted messages and content.
• Education information, such as your education history to the extent made available on your profile.
• Employment information, such as your work history to the extent made available on your profile.
We use this information to connect and communicate with you. We may also use your information to conduct market research or tell you about products, services, or special offers on our own products or third-party products you might find interesting.
If You Contact Us
If you contact us by using the Live Chat feature on our website, sending us an email, or by calling our customer service, we may collect the following Personal Information from our service providers or directly from you.
• Personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, and phone number.
• Characteristics of protected classifications, such as your age and gender, if you provide this information.
• Commercial information, such as your purchase and order history.
• Inferences and preferences, such as your feedback, interests, or other information you may provide.
We use this information to provide customer service; respond to your requests for help, comments, or concerns; and to improve our products and services.
• Comply with federal, state, or local laws;
• Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities;
• Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law;
• Exercise or defend legal claims;
• Detect security incidents and protect against fraudulent or illegal activity and prosecute those responsible for such activity; or
• Transfer Personal Information as part of a merger or acquisition, dissolution, bankruptcy, or any other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of our business.
Questions and Contact Us
If you have a questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us